We’ve seen clear glasses frames worn throughout the years, but more recently, they’ve become more popular. Colourless frames are almost invisible from far away, but up close, they bring a cool, funky style to your overall look. Though you might normally want to opt for bolder frames in black, grey, or brown, clear frames can be a trendy addition to your wardrobe. But how can you pull them off yourself?
Here’s our advice for wearing clear glasses frames…
Here are some tips on how to pull off clear glasses frames:
1. Pick the right frame shape: Choosing the right frame shape is important because it depends on your face shape. A general guide to follow is to choose a frame shape that is opposite to your face shape. If you have a more rounded face, choose a square, rectangular or angular frame. If you have a square face, opt for a circular or oval frame. If you have an oval face, you are in luck – the oval shape is considered to be one of the easiest to find glasses for because most frames will look great. Learn about your face shape and choose the appropriate frames for you.
2. Wear clear frames with lighter clothing: Complement your clear glasses frames with a lighter outfit. While darker coloured clothing can draw attention away from your funky glasses, light-coloured clothing will keep all the attention on your awesome accessory.
3. Wear lighter make-up: Heavy make-up and clear glasses frames are not a great combination. If you are wearing clear glasses, apply make-up with a light hand to bring focus onto your trendy frames.
4. Choose a larger-sized frame: Clear glasses frames are especially popular in larger sizes. With oversized frames back in style, combine two hot trends in one with large frames that suit any face shape.
5. Wear them inside: Clear glasses frames are not the best choice for sunglasses frames as the clear frame can reflect sunlight. However, clear frames are perfect for school, work, or even date nights.
The round style
The cat eye style
The wingtip style
Confidence is all it takes to pull off the clear glasses frames trend! So give it a try and sport this funky style that clearly makes a statement.