Our response to COVID-19
Yes, we’re open and here for all your eyewear and eyecare needs. Thanks for sticking with us - we promise, we’re doing everything we can to bring you the eyewear you need as quickly and as safely as possible. Learn about our current service levels and the steps we're taking to protect our customers and team.
Expect potential delays
Glasses will ship in 12-14 days. Contact lens orders will ship in 1-2 days. You will receive an email with tracking info as soon as your order is with the courier.
60 day return policy
In response to the challenges of COVID-19, we’ve extended our return policy to 60 days from the delivery date.
We are reopening our stores in line with provincial guidelines and strict health and safety protocols. Learn more in our FAQ at the bottom of the page.
We’re here to help
Please note, our team is working from home with reduced resources. We'll help you as soon as we can, but expect a slight wait time.
Health and safety
The safety of our customers, employees, and suppliers is the most important thing to us. In line with government guidelines, we're adhering to strict health regulations.
- Social-distancing: Our team is operating in completely separate shifts, wearing protective equipment, and undergoing regular health checks.
- Sanitization: We're following a vigorous sanitization schedule for all products and equipment.
- Communication: We're working closely with our network of service providers to ensure our health and safety standards are aligned.
Our Mission is to ensure everyone has access to the eyewear they need. In response to the shortage of personal protective equipment in Canada, we’re producing safety glasses and face shields for frontline healthcare workers. So far, we’ve donated:
- 1,052 safety glasses to Vancouver Coastal Health.
- 60,000 face shields to the Canadian Federal Government, to be distributed across the country based on need.
Read all about it:
Buy One, Give One
During these challenging times, access to vital eyewear is more important than ever. For every pair of glasses purchased, you’re helping us donate a pair to someone in need.
We’re reopening our stores in line with Provincial protocols, closely following the advice and regulations from local and federal governments. For the most up to date information about your local Clearly, please visit our Stores page. We’re also here to take care of all your eyewear needs online.
We can’t wait to see you, and we’re doing everything we can to ensure you feel safe and comfortable when you visit us again. Our team members are following CDC guidelines for sterilization and hygiene. This includes:
- Health screenings, forehead temperature checks, and hand sanitizer for all staff and shoppers prior to entering.
- Limiting the number of customers in the store and respecting physical distancing.
- Shields and barriers in place in areas of necessary close contact.
- All staff and customers asked to wear masks to keep everyone safe.
- Rigorous sanitization of all products and surfaces.
Yes, we will carry out health screenings, including forehead temperature checks on all customers and team members, and ask the following:
- Have you traveled outside the country in the last two weeks?
- Have you been in contact with a known COVID-19 case?
- Have you experienced any symptoms (including fever, cough, or difficulty breathing)?
Please note that anyone who answers ‘yes’ to the above will be denied entry to the store. If any of these circumstances apply to you, please wait at least 14 days to visit a Clearly store. If you have an urgent eye condition, we recommend going to urgent care or the emergency room or contacting your primary care physician.
Yes, our stores are set up for safe shopping. We’ve introduced new practices to make sure you can try on frames and get the eyecare you need while also protecting your health:
- Our team will make sure all frames are cleaned per use.
- Easy Virtual Try On using your phone, to minimize interaction with products.
- All store touch points and surfaces are disinfected regularly.
- Physical barriers are in place at points of interaction, such as the checkout.
Our clinic is open with reduced hours and rigorous health and safety protocols in place. Please check our booking site for up-to-date availability.
Our state-of-the art automated technology ensures we can limit the amount of close contact needed to perform a comprehensive eye exam.
All patients will be screened to assess COVID symptoms. We have also reduced the number of appointments to minimize the number of people in the office and to allow time for disinfection between patient visits. Physical distancing will be enforced in patient wait areas.
Doctors and team members will wear personal protective equipment at all times. We will use shields and barriers for any testing that requires close contact.