Vision insurance can significantly reduce the cost of your prescription glasses, sunglasses, or contact lenses – it may even cover your entire order. In most cases, you can also use your vision benefits to pay for a comprehensive eye exam.
We don’t currently do direct billing, but once your eyewear has shipped out we’ll email your receipt, which you can use to file a claim with your provider. Read on to find all the details you need and learn how to claim your vision benefits on frames, lenses, and contacts at Clearly.
Jump to a section:
- Does Clearly take insurance?
- How to claim vision insurance benefits with Clearly
- What does vision insurance cover at Clearly?
- How to find your itemized receipt or invoice
- Can I use my FSA or HSA benefits at Clearly?
- How to use vision insurance for eye exams
Does Clearly take insurance?
Yes, you can claim back the cost of your Clearly eyewear through your workplace benefits program, private insurance plan, or FSA and HSA funds.
We don’t currently do direct billing, so you’ll need to process your claim with your provider after you’ve purchased your glasses or contact lenses.
Details for your insurance provider:
- Supplier name: Clearly
- Business License #/Registration #: 19-153703
- GST #: 101688026RT0002
- Supplier phone number: 1-866-414-2326
- Supplier email address: email@example.com
- Supplier address: 2200-401 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC Canada, V6B 5A1
- Proof of purchase: After your order has shipped, you will receive an email equipped with your tracking number and official receipt. It’ll also be available in your MyAccount.
How to claim vision insurance benefits with Clearly
Make sure to check the details of your coverage beforehand, so you know what’s covered by your provider and how much you might be required to pay yourself.
1. Place your order
Choose your glasses, sunglasses, or contact lenses, enter your prescription, and head through the checkout.
2. Wait for your receipt
Once you’ve received your glasses or contacts, we’ll email you a receipt. You can also find this receipt in your MyAccount. You’ll need it to submit a claim to your provider.
Please note – this will only be sent after your eyewear has shipped. The confirmation email you get right after you’ve ordered online isn’t acceptable proof of purchase for most providers.
If you’re having trouble locating your receipt, check your spam folder first or contact us by email, live chat or call 1-866-414-2326.
3. Submit your claim
The process for this will vary, depending on your provider. Typically, when you submit a claim online, you’ll need to:
- Log into your insurance dashboard
- Fill in the submission form and attach a copy of your invoice.
- Submit your claim. The reimbursement process and timeline will vary, depending on your provider.
How to find your itemized receipt or invoice
After your order has shipped, your receipt will be emailed to you and available to access in your MyAccount.
You can print it at any time:
What does vision insurance cover?
Typically, your vision insurance benefits will cover at least part of the cost of:
- Prescription glasses (and sometimes blue light glasses)
- Prescription sunglasses
- Contact lenses
- A comprehensive eye exam
Always check with your provider before making a purchase, so you know how to stretch your benefits as far as you can!
Can I use my FSA or HSA benefits at Clearly?
Many companies offer FSA (flexible spending account) and HSA (health savings account) plans. These are funds dedicated specifically to your wellness and can be used on a variety of health–related services and products.
According to the Income Tax Act (Canada), you can use your funds to pay for any eligible medical expenses that have been “prescribed by a medical practitioner (oculist or ophthalmologist) or an optometrist.”
Basically, this means you can use your FSA or HSA dollars to buy prescription eyewear and pay for eye care-related expenses, including:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Prescription glasses, including progressive, single vision, reading glasses, sunglasses, and lens coatings
- Contact lenses
For full vision insurance inclusions, be sure to check with your employer or healthcare provider for details on what your plan covers.
FSA: Use them or lose them
Make sure to use your FSA funds before the end of the year because you can’t carry over unused contributions to the next year. Don’t wait until the last minute to make your purchase – it’s a matter of use it or lose it, before your benefits expire!
HSA benefits roll over
HSA benefits don’t expire at the end of the year, and so you can use your health savings account anytime since it allows funds to roll over to the next year.
How to use FSA or HSA funds at Clearly
If you have an FSA or HSA card, you can use it directly at the Clearly checkout. Please note that you can only use one card to complete your purchase. If the existing balance on your FSA or HSA card is lower than the total cost of your order, you won’t be able to use it to complete the transaction.
If you don’t have a card for FSA or HSA, you can submit your receipt to file a claim with your provider.
Your receipt will be emailed to you after you have received your eyewear. You can also get a copy of your receipt in your MyAccount.
How to use vision insurance for eye exams
Many healthcare benefit plans will cover the cost of an eye exam, which you can get at any Clearly store. Be sure to check with your provider before you book, so you know what coverage you’re entitled to.
To claim your eye exam benefit with Clearly:
- Book an eye exam at your nearest Clearly store.
- Pay on the day and keep your invoice in a safe spot – you’ll need it as proof of purchase when you submit your claim to your provider.
- Fill out the appropriate forms through your provider’s online portal or mail-in process.
Make sure you have an up-to-date prescription before choosing a new pair of glasses or contact lenses, so you can enjoy clear vision and make the most of your vision insurance benefits. Need more help? Chat now, email us or call 1-866-414-2326.